How to Turn Off iPhone: There are times when you tap on your iPhone screen and it becomes totally unresponsive. You try to press the power button or the volume key but nothing appears on the screen.
Well, this indicated that your iPhone is frozen or stuck and you must do something to fix this problem.
To be honest, using the normal or your daily way of restarting the phone might not be helpful in this case.
That is why in this article we will demonstrate how to turn off iPhone when it is frozen.
To get started the first thing you must understand is the combination of keys that must be pressed together in order to turn the device off.
We will also share the combination that will help you to restart a problematic iPhone.
Read Also: Can I Change Clock Position on iPhone?
How to Turn Off iPhone 10 (X) and Above Models?
Turn off your iPhone by following the below steps:
- Press-hold the button and the volume down button until the power off slider shows up on screen.
- Swipe the slider to one side to turn off your iPhone.
The above steps will work on iPhone X and above models, if you have an older model like 8 then follow the below steps.
Turn Off iPhone 8, 8plus, 7, 7plus and Older Models
- Press-hold the side power button on your device until you see the “slide to power off” pop up on the screen.
In case the buttons on your iPhone have become unresponsive and the touch screen is working then you can turn the device off using AssistiveTouch feature.
Follow the below steps to use AssistiveTouch on iPhone 8 and older models:
- First, open the iOS Settings application on your iPhone.
- Next switch on AssistiveTouch (found in Settings > Accessibility > Touch or Settings > General > Accessibility >AssistiveTouch . You can likewise trigger it by advising Siri to “turn on AssistiveTouch”)
- Press the slider close to AssistiveTouch, which adds a touch-based Home button to your screen.
- Press the new touch screen Home button.
- Click “Device”
How to Reboot iPhone?
A hard reset varies from an ordinary shut down in light of the fact that it’s similar to popping the battery out of your gadget and putting it back in.
Not a delicate method to reboot your device, but rather a helpful step if the typical turn off measure doesn’t work.
- Press the volume up button once, and then press the volume down button once.
- Press and hold the side button until the screen goes dark. Continue to hold the side button until the Apple logo shows up.
How to Force Restart iPhone 8 and older Models?
Start by pressing and holding the side button and the volume down button until your gadget resets and you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
(In case you have an excessively old iPhone, like the iPhone 6S, you’ll need to hold the side/top button and the Home button, in order to force start your device.)
Next time you have a frozen/stuck iPhone and don’t understand what to do with it then don’t panic. Simply go through the above how to turn off iPhone steps and easily get back to life with your device.