Want to send the same message to multiple contacts on iPhone?
This is especially important for a party invitation or a vacation discussion.
So, in this article, we’ll show you how to create a Contact group on iPhone?
It’s possible to create a contact group on iPhone, but only via iCloud or third-party apps, not directly on the device. Furthermore, even if your iPhone is set to “Do not disturb,” the members in your group can contact you.
How to Create a Contact Group on iPhone Using iCloud?
To create a contact group on your iPhone using iCloud, follow the instructions below –
- Login in to your iCloud account at www.icloud.com.
- Select the Contacts tab from your iCloud Account.
- Now, from the screen, tap on the + button in the lowermost left corner, then select New Group from the drop-down menu.
- A New Contact Group with the name Untitled Group will be formed.
- Give the Contact Group a name and press Enter to save your choice.
How to Add Contact to Contact Group?
Once you’ve made a Contact Group, you can add contacts to it by choosing them from the All-Contacts screen and dragging them to the Contact Group.
- In the left-hand side, choose All Contacts. Select the contacts you want to add to the Contact Group in the right-hand side.
- After choosing the Contacts, drag them to the left pane and drop contacts into a New Contact Group.
- Once the Contacts have been selected, simply drag it to the Contact Group on the left-side.
How Can I View or Access Contact Groups?
After you’ve created a Contact Group, you will be able to access and view it on your iOS device.
- On your iPhone, launch Contacts app and select Groups.
- Under the “iCloud” area of the Groups screen, you’ll notice the new Contact Group you just created.
- Select the Contact Group by touching on it, then hit Done to see the Contacts in it.
How to Delete Contacts from a Group?
To erase Contacts from a Contact Group on iPhone, you’ll need to return to your Mac or Windows computer and follow the procedures outlined below.
- On your computer, go to www.icloud.com and sign in to your iCloud account.
- Go to your iCloud Account and select the Contacts tab.
- Next, select the Contact Group from which you wish to remove Contacts on the next screen.
- Select the Contact you want to remove from this Contact Group in the right-hand window.
- Select Contacts, then click the Gear symbol (lower left corner) and select Delete from the menu that displays.
- Selecting the Delete option will remove the specified Contact/Contacts from the Contact Group.
How to Use Third-Party Software to Create a Contact Group on iPhone?
Aside from iCloud, third-party apps can be used to quickly build a contact group on the iPhone. ‘Groups’ is one of the popular apps that can be downloaded from the App store. It is available for free with in-app purchases.
- On your iPhone, download and open the Groups app.
- To make a new group, tap ‘Add New Label.’
- Go to the New Group tab and give your contact list a name.
- To begin adding contacts, tap ‘No Contacts — Add Some.’ Note: Selecting ‘Manage‘in the top right corner allows you to add or remove contacts.
- Press the Done button.
So, that was how to make a contact group on the iPhone. You can learn how to create a contact group by following the steps outlined in this article. Creating contact groups will allow you to send the same message to multiple recipients with ease.