Today I will walk you through how to turn off Airplay on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac step-by-step.
AirPlay is a useful feature that allows you to broadcast films, music, images, and other media content from your Apple devices to speakers, smart TVs, and the Apple TV.
But, what if AirPlay not in use? Well, in that you case you need to shut off Airplay and this is what we are going to discuss in this article.
How to Turn Off AirPlay on iPhone or iPad?
In order to turn off AirPlay on iPhone and iPad, you need to simply Navigate to the Control Center’s Screen Mirroring icon and tap “Stop Mirroring.”
Follow the steps below if you’re not sure how to do it –
1. To begin, open Control Center.
2. Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen on an iPhone X or iPad Pro running iOS 12 and above.
3. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access control center in iPhone 8, iOS 11, and previous versions.
4. Then, tap Screen Mirroring, followed by Stop Mirroring.
How to Shut Off AirPlay Mirroring on a Mac?
Follow the below steps to turn off AirPlay on Mac –
1. Click the Control Center icon in the upper right corner on your Mac computer.
2. Select the Screen Mirroring option.
3. Select Display Preferences from the pop-up menu.
4. Select Off from the AirPlay Display menu at the lowermost of the Built-In Retina Display window.
Note: If you’re not seeing the Mirroring symbol, go to the menu bar and pick Apple, then System Preferences > Displays. It’s at the bottom left corner. When available, select the Show mirroring options in the menu bar checkbox.
AirPlay On and Off – FAQs
On order to stop AirPlay from automatically connecting, you need to disable Automatically AirPlay to TVs option. Go to your iPhone or iPad’s settings>General>AirPlay & Handoff>Automatically AirPlay to TVs and select desired option accordingly.
Devices don’t need to be on to use AirPlay. A device can find supported devices like Apple TV using Bonjour discovery, Bluetooth IP address advertisement, or peer-to-peer discovery.
When AirPlay is on, it lets you use iTunes library on your PC and allows you to stream videos and music to your TV. Android users can also stream on Apple TV using their AirPlay.
I hope you now know how to turn off Airplay on iPhone, iPad or Mac. When Steve Jobs originally announced Airplay in 2011, customers were having trouble managing their HDTV Cables and Wires. As a result, Apple provided them with a Wireless Solution, which improved their viewing experience.