Apply for Walmart Credit Card
Walmart is one of the most well-known retail chains in the world. If you shop at Walmart frequently, you might want to consider getting a Walmart credit card.
You may be qualified for a Walmart Mastercard or a Walmart store card, depending on your credit history which you can use everywhere.
You’ll need a decent credit score for a store card, and for a Walmart Mastercard, you’ll need a high credit score.
It is important to note that Capital One issues Walmart Credit cards, and a credit score of 640 is minimum for eligibility.
Types of Walmart Credit Cards
There are two types of Walmart credit cards available –
- Walmart Store Credit Card
- Walmart MasterCard
The Walmart Store Credit Card can be used to make purchases at the following locations:
- Supermarkets and Walmart shops
- Markets in the neighbourhood
- Walmart and Murphy USA Gas Stations (These are the two of the most well-known retailers in the United States.)
- Sam’s Clubs (It is a chain of nightclubs in the United States)
The Walmart MasterCard can be used anywhere that accepts MasterCard. You can also apply online or in a Walmart store for this card.
How to Apply for Walmart Credit Card Online?
Follow the below steps to apply for Walmart credit card –
- Open your web browser and go to www.walmart.com/creditcard.
- Now, click on the blue “Apply Now” button on the left side of the page. Note: If you don’t have a Walmart account, you must create one before proceeding further.
- Next, click on “Create Account” option and enter your Name, email address and create a password.
- After that click on the blue “Create Account” button.
- Now that your account has been successfully created go to https://www.walmart.com/account/login page and Sign In to the account you just created.
- Next, you will be asked for information like Name, address, phone number, email address, yearly income, Monthly mortgage or rent payment, Duration of residence at current home, date of birth, social security number, Mother’s maiden name.
- Click on Continue.
Please note that all these details are necessary for the eligibility and application of a Walmart credit card.
How to Get Walmart Credit Card In Store?
Well, other than the online self-application, you can also apply for Walmart credit card straight from the store.
Simply ask the cashier that you wish to opt for their credit card and they will do the rest.
Also note, all the necessary information in online application will also be needed when you apply from the store.
So, don’t forget to carry that if you want to be done with the application process on the same day.
Advantages of Getting a Walmart Credit Card
Customers can benefit from the Walmart Store Credit Card and Walmart Master Card. These advantages include:
Program of Cash Back
Customers who use the Walmart Store Credit Card or the Walmart Master Card are automatically enrolled in the Walmart rewards programme. The cashback programme gives you money back on your everyday purchases.
- On purchases made at Walmart.com, you’ll get 5% cashback. The promotion is also valid for purchases, including pickup & delivery.
- Fuel purchases made at Walmart and Murphy USA petrol stations earn you 2% cashback.
- On all other transactions, you’ll get 1% cashback. This covers Walmart physical shops, Neighbourhood Markets, and Sam’s Club transactions. The cashback rewards offer is valid anywhere MasterCard is accepted.
Shoppers receive these benefits in the form of monthly statement credits.
There are no restrictions to the number of awards that customers may earn each month. As long as your account is in great condition, your rewards will not expire.
Other Benefits for Cardholder
- Security Alerts via text, email and phone if any suspicious activity happens to your account.
- $0 Fraud Liability, means you will not be accountable for unsanctioned charges.
- You can easily lock your card if it has been misplaced or stolen.
- Check balance, make payments and manage your account with the help of Capital One® Mobile App.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You must be 18 years or older and have a credit score of at least 640 in order to apply for Walmart credit card. Other requirements include social security number and working email address.
Yes, you can apply for Walmart card at www.walmart.com/creditcard. Simply click on Apply Now button and start the application process.
Yes, you can apply for Walmart credit card by visiting the store physically. Request the cashier about the same, and they will help you with the application process.
Obtaining a Walmart Credit Card is not tricky. Walmart offers credit cards to customers with good credit or better. Candidates with average credit, defined as a credit score of 640 or above, are eligible for both cards. To obtain either card, you must be a United States resident and at least 18 years old.
Walmart credit card is a great way to save money and earn rewards for your existing purchases at this global retail store.
In the United States alone, there are more than 5,000 Walmart stores and your credit card can be used in all of them.
So, if you are a frequent shopper and would like to get those additional cash backs then apply for Walmart credit card today.