Have you ever experienced the frustrating situation of misplacing your Apple Watch after its battery dies? It can be incredibly annoying, especially because locating a powerless device seems impossible at first. But fear not! In this simple and easy-to-follow guide, I will show you step-by-step how to find your Apple Watch even after its battery dies.
So whether you left it in your gym bag or it got lost in the depths of your sofa cushions, rest assured that you’ll be reunited with your device in no time. Let’s get started!
So, how to find Apple watch after battery dies?
iCloud and Find My are two fantastic solutions that will assist in reuniting you with your misplaced Apple Watch. Before you can find any Apple device, you must first enable Find My App.
Apple’s “Find My” feature, which is available on all Apple devices, allows users to monitor and locate their misplaced device.
Even if your missing gadget is turned off, the agency will assist you in locating it by sending you the last known location.
How to Set Up the “Find My” on Your Apple Watch?
All Apple customers should enable this function on all of their devices so that they can easily track and locate them if they misplace them. It will take you no more than five minutes to complete the tasks below.
- Open the Settings application.
- Your name will appear at the top of the screen; simply tap it to move on to the next page.
- After that, tap on “Find My” app.
- Do you want certain friends or relatives to be able to see where you are? If that’s the case, enable Share My Location. Otherwise, disregard it.
- We’re almost there; tap the Find My iPhone icon on your screen to activate it, then tap OK.
Most importantly, make sure that Enable Offline Finding is enabled. It will assist you in locating your misplaced gadget, even if it is discharged or turned off.
Next, turn on Send Last Location, and you’re finished.
This will activate the “Find My” app on your phone as well as any other Apple device you possess. Apple Watch or AirPods, for example.
What Is the Best Way to Find a Dead Apple Watch?
Because you have Find My on your iPhone and Apple Watch, it will most likely be simple to locate your misplaced Apple Watch, even if it is dead or switched off. As a result, follow the actions outlined below.
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone or iPad.
- When you click on the Devices tab, a new page will open.
- A map of your Find My enabled devices will appear on your iPhone or iPod screen.
- If your Apple Watch is drained or turned off, it will show as an Apple Watch with a blank screen on the map and sidebar. If your Apple Watch is turned on, it will show as an Apple Watch with an active Home screen on the map and sidebar.
- Next, choose your Apple Watch from the list of Find My enabled devices.
- To acquire walking or driving instructions to your Apple Watch’s general location, go to the Directions tab.
- If the lost Apple Watch is not dead but is turned off, you can use Play Sound to locate it immediately.
- However, if your Apple Watch is drained or turned off, you can enable Notify When Found to send alerts and location updates to your iOS device the next time it is turned on.
You’ve seen how to find a dead Apple Watch with your iPhone; however, if you don’t have an iPhone or iPad, you can borrow one from a friend or family member and use it to track the missing Apple Watch. Continue reading below.
How Can I Locate my Apple Watch on a Computer?
Follow the below steps to locate your Apple Watch from your computer with the help of iCloud credentials.
- Go to iCloud.com on your computer.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to log in.
- In the lower-right area of the menu, select Find iPhone.
- Go to All Devices and then to Apple Watch.
- Look on the map for your Apple Watch’s location.
- If the watch is handy, press the Play Sound button.
What to Do If Apple Watch Cannot be Found in Find My App?
It’s possible that you won’t be able to find your Apple Watch using Find My iPhone or have it play a sound.
One such scenario is when the smartwatch’s battery dies; in this situation, the app may display the watch’s last known location.
Wi-Fi-enabled Apple Watches will only be able to report their location when they are linked to a known Wi-Fi network.
If you have a cellular Apple Watch, it should be able to communicate with you as long as it’s registered with your mobile carrier and has a good signal.
In both circumstances, your sole choice is to use Find My iPhone’s last known position to locate the Apple Watch. If you still can’t find your watch, follow the instructions below to put it in Lost Mode.
Find My App option (Tip #1)
- Use the pinging feature to locate your Apple Watch.
- Within the Find My app, tap on your Apple Watch and select “Play Sound.”
- Your watch will emit a loud noise that will aid in finding it even if the battery is dead.
Check Common Areas (Tip #2)
- Retrace your steps and check common areas.
- Think about where you last used your Apple Watch and start retracing your steps.
- Check common areas in your home, workplace, or car where you usually place or charge the device.
Ask for assistance from others (Tip #3)
Seek the help of friends, family, or colleagues who might have seen or found your Apple Watch. Sometimes others may spot it when we overlook it in plain sight.
Turn on Apple Watch’s Lost Mode (From iPhone or iPad)
If you can’t find your Apple Watch, you can put it in Lost Mode to lock it down and inform anyone who finds it. From an iOS device, follow these steps to complete the process –
- Locate and open the Find My app on your home screen.
- Select Devices from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page.
- From the list of connected iOS devices, choose your Apple Watch.
- Under Mark As Lost, tap Activate.
- Confirm that you want to mark the device as lost by tapping.
- Enter a phone number that will appear on your Apple Watch if it is found.
- You can either type a personalised message or choose Done to utilise Apple’s default message.
Enable Apple Watch’s Lost Mode from Mac
You can also use any PC with an internet connection to activate Lost Mode.
To enable lost mode for Apple Watch from a Mac, follow the steps below.
- Log in to iCloud.com using your Apple ID and password.
- Select Find iPhone from the icon grid.
- Select All Devices from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen.
- Select your Apple Watch from the drop-down menu.
- Your Apple Watch’s current position (or last known location) will display on the map. Select Lost Mode in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Enter a phone number that will appear on your Apple Watch if it’s found.
- To enable Lost Mode, type a custom message to display on your Apple Watch, then select Done.
How to Find your Apple Watch! (Updated)
After your Apple Watch’s battery dies, it can be a challenge to find it. However, you can greatly increase your chances of finding it if you follow a few simple steps.
Remember to check common spots like your pockets, bags, or nearby charging stations. Additionally, take advantage of the Find My app on your paired iPhone, which can help pinpoint its location.
For added peace of mind, consider investing in a Bluetooth tracker specifically designed for your Apple Watch. By implementing these strategies, you can save valuable time and eliminate unnecessary stress, ultimately improving your life and ensuring you never lose track of your beloved tech accessory again.